[Live-devel] Would like to know more about "audio-MPEG4-GENERIC-2"

paul li lipaul31 at yahoo.ca
Tue Dec 9 23:53:05 PST 2003

Hi,

Running openRTSP rtsp://Darwin-url/test.mp4, I got
two files
Created output file: "video-MP4V-ES-1"
Created output file: "audio-MPEG4-GENERIC-2"

Q1.  Are those two files raw audio/video? What kind of
format is audio-MPEG4-GENERIC-2?

As test.mp4 contains the following track info:
<<mp4info version 1.0RC3>>
/usr/local/movies/test.mp4:
Track   Type    Info
1       audio   MPEG-4 AAC LC, 70.016 secs, 64
kbps,32000 Hz
2       video   MPEG-4 Simple @ L3, 70.000 secs,
300kbps, 380x480 @ 30.00 fps
3       hint    Payload MP4V-ES for track 2
4       hint    Payload mpeg4-generic for track 1
5       scene   BIFS
6       od      Object Descriptors

Q2. Can I convert audio-MPEG4-GENERIC-2 back to AAC
format? I tried to use "faac" and failed.  How to do
it?

Thank you,
Paul