[Live-devel] How can I get a file named *.m4v?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Dec 16 02:35:26 PST 2003

At 07:39 PM 12/15/03, you wrote:
>Hi, Ross,
>   with your help, I run openRTSP -V -n -t
> rtsp://christianchallenge.org:554/ccistream/sunday.mp4,
>got a file named video-MP4V-ES-2, and renamed it test.m4v.
>   I used testMPEG4VideoStream to multicast test.m4v. It is successful.
>But I cannot use QuickTime player to receive and play the video stream
>just like what said in LIVE.com
>
>The URL: is "rtsp://192.192.192.51:7070/" and both testMPEG4VideoStream
>and QT player
>is running on the same computer. The error number is 400 - bad request

The problem here is that you have already configured your QuickTime Player
to stream over HTTP.  If you reconfigure it to stream the regular way -
over UDP - then you will be able to play the stream.

In QuickTime Player:
         Edit ->Preferences->QuickTime Preferences->Streaming Transport
                 ->Use UDP, RTSP Port ID 554

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>