[Live-devel] segfault in our_srandom

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Nov 11 13:50:10 PST 2003

>i am currently implementing an RTPStrategy for the Network Multimedia
>Middleware (NMM, www.networkmultimedia.org)
>using LIVE.COM and I have the following problem: the our_random and
>our_srandom functions seem to cause segmentation faults.
>I replaced the implementation of these functions with calls to the stdlib
>functions random() and srandom() and it seemed to work then.

Florian,

I don't understand how/why "our_random()" and "our_srandom()" would be
causing segmentation faults, but those functions are present only because
some OSs don't implement "random()" and "srandom()" themselves.

However, if you're using an OS that implements these functions, you can
just use them, instead of the "our_..." functions.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>