[Live-devel] QuickTime problem...

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Nov 14 07:38:04 PST 2003

At 02:25 AM 11/14/03, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>         I have tried the testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer to stream out a
>.mpg file, when I open the .sdp file in QT, it can play my .mpg file
>successfully. However, when I type the URL "rtsp://<server-addr>/", the QT
>keep displaying "Connecting", then it will disconnect after timeout.

Remember that "testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer" uses multicast to send its
audio/video RTP stream data.  If the client (player) is on a network that's
not reachable - via multicast - from the server
("testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer"), then it won't be able to play the stream.

>         Why can't I use this method? I am using WinXP and QT v6.4, do I
>need to do some special settings on my QT?

If your client and server *are* on the same multicast-routed network (e.g.,
on the same LAN), then please also check to make sure that your Windows XP
computers' firewall is turned *off*.

If your client and server are not on the same multicast-routed network,
then you will need to run "testOnDemandRTSPServer" (which streams via
unicast) instead.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>