[Live-devel] about mpg

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Nov 18 03:15:53 PST 2003

>   I have tried to use the testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer to stream .mpg
>file to a multicast addr, but I found that for some .mpg files, it
>occur very short pause regularly for every 3 or 4 seconds

Do you mean that the *playing client* pauses every 3 or 4 seconds?  If so,
what client are you using to play the stream?  QuickTime Player?

>, but I also have
>other .mpg files that not regularly pause, but it stops at some
>particular frames. Can anyone tell me what is the reason for it?

I don't know, but could you please point me at an example ".mpg" file that
illustrates this problem.  (Note: *Don't* send the file by email; instead,
send a URL that points to the file.)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>