[Live-devel] Two questions

Bill Russell bill at odic.com
Tue Nov 25 10:47:15 PST 2003

Hi -
I am trying to use live to send JPEG video. I have derived a class from
JPEGVideoSource but don't understand why the type(), qFactor(), etc. are
needed. Isn't this information in the JPEG header? For example I know what
the qFactor is but its user adjustable from the encoder and may vary. I
also know the width and height, but that could be variable (currently
isn't, though). I don't know the type, however.

Also, I am running live on an embedded system that has a RTOS with only
1msec timer resolution. Is having microsecond resolution very important? If
so I could probably get it (directly from hardware), but I'm not sure its
worth the trouble to.

Bill