[Live-devel] offer/answer models

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon Apr 19 09:43:11 PDT 2004

>Is offer/answer modeling new enough that it has not been implemented yet
>in any open liveMedia code?  I was poking around for a template but only
>found a reference for a need in SIPClient.cpp...

Matt,

Offer/answer hasn't been implemented yet.  (So far, most of the use for SDP
in this code so far has been for the 'take it or leave it' model used by
RTSP.)  However, as noted, a full-blown SIP client would also need
offer/answer.  As always, if your company is interested in providing
funding for this enhancement of the code, please let me know (by separate
email).

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>