[Live-devel] compiling live on arm9

Richard Guy Briggs richard.briggs at lumenera.com
Mon Apr 26 10:31:04 PDT 2004

Ross Finlayson wrote:

>>> But apparently it's not being found.  So, I suggest adding
>>>         -I/usr/local/include/c++/3.2.1/backward
>>> to COMPILE_OPTS in your "config.arm-linux" file, to ensure that the
>>> compiler gets to search that directory.
>>

>> I had tried that too, but abandonned it when the deprecation errors came
>> up along with a huge pile of other errors
>

> OK, next suggestion:  Do you have the file "strstream.h" anywhere?  If
> so, then you could just make "strstream" a symbolic link to
> "strstream.h" - e.g.,
>         cd /usr/include; ln -s <path-to-strstream.h> strstream
> (and *don't* put "-I/usr/local/include/c++/3.2.1/backward" in
> COMPILE_OPTS).  You may also wish to add
>         -Wno-deprecated
> to COMPILE_OPTS

They are in the same directory.

> Alternatively, do you have the file "sstream"?  If so, make
> "strstream" a symbolic link to "sstream" - e.g.
>         cd /usr/include; ln -s <path-to-sstream> strstream

I have sstream already, and sstream.h.  Both are in the directory
containing backward/

> If neither of these work for you, then I'm not sure what else to
> suggest.  Sorry.

I have some ideas, but I think I am going to have to ask the linux-arm
folks to get that insight...  unless other people here have run into
this problem with other uClinux environments.