[Live-devel] Encrypted program stream by RTP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Apr 29 14:43:24 PDT 2004

>I just want to know what
>"preferredFrameSize" and "playTimePerFrame" represent for and how to
>calculate them from the information of *.mpg file.

As I said before:  "preferredFrameSize" is the (fixed) size of each chunk
of data read from the file, and "playTimePerFrame" is its (average) duration.

>Actually, I don't need any encryption or decryption, all I want is to use
>"SimpleRTPSink" as transportation protocol.

If you're just streaming MPEG-1 or 2 video, then please don't.  Instead,
use "MPEG1or2VideoStreamer" - as the existing test programs already
do.  Otherwise your stream will be incompatible with existing,
standards-compliant clients (e.g., QuickTime, VLC).

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>