[Live-devel] Using liveMedia to build a rtp relay

o.brunet at free.fr o.brunet at free.fr
Tue Aug 3 16:34:22 PDT 2004

Hi all,

We would like to build an application relaying unicast RTP streams (or raw UDP
feed) received on 1 side to N clients, these clients will in turn do the same.

We are evaluating this library to see if we can use it to build this. We studied
the rtprelay sample, and started looking at the source code of the library. It
doesn't seems possible to attach multiple sink to one source, ie:

  sink1->startPlaying(*source, NULL, NULL);
  sink2->startPlaying(*source, NULL, NULL);
  sink3->startPlaying(*source, NULL, NULL);

will probably fail, is this right ? Is there a built-in way to achieve this with
liveMedia or do we need to code the duplication code ?

We would also like to be able to have bandwidth information, ie how many kbps
used inbound and outbound. These stats would be easy to compute if we write the
duplication code, but is there something like this builtin ?