[Live-devel] RTSP implementation of Windows Media Player 9

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at capflow.com
Tue Aug 3 19:42:40 PDT 2004

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to stream data (my goal is MJPEG, but any data would do for a
start) between a custom program (based on the liveMedia library) and Windows
Media Player 9, which claims to support RTSP.

I tried using testOnDemandRTSPServer and testMP3Streamer, and I've been able
to receive and play the MP3 stream using VLC (VideoLan Client) and Winamp +
in_rtp.dll. Unfortunately, WMP9 fails.

Here's the RTSP session trace:

accept()ed connection from 172.16.33.16
RTSPClientSession[0x80cf8d8]::incomingRequestHandler1() read 396 bytes:
DESCRIBE rtsp://172.16.33.128:7070/mp3AudioTest RTSP/1.0
CSeq: 1
Supported: com.microsoft.wm.srvppair, com.microsoft.wm.sswitch,
com.microsoft.wm.eosmsg, com.microsoft.wm.predstrm

parseRequestString() returned cmdName "DESCRIBE", urlPreSuffix "", urlSuffix
"mp3AudioTest"
sending response: RTSP/1.0 200 OK
CSeq: 1