[Live-devel] Streaming on the Device . . .

flavio.oliveira at indt.org.br flavio.oliveira at indt.org.br
Tue Aug 24 09:12:06 PDT 2004

Hi,

My application will run on Nokia 6600 with Symbian OS 7.0
Current Symbian does not support HTTP streaming for media files. What's the main Goal: Support phone-to-phone RTP streaming.

I am using the Symbian native MMF support for RTP client. It is supported through OpenUrlL() in the CVideoPlayerUtility class.
If I pass a URL string started with "rtsp://....." to the OpenUrlL(), the video/audio will run automatically.
I use the RealOne Player on the 6600 phone to act as a client for testing.

So what I want:
	Phone A - Running Symbian RTP Client
	Phone B - Running Live.com as Server to Streaming the MP3/MP4 Files to the Phone A

So, I would like to know if Live.com could be the streaming server running on the Device B. What's the difficult to port this API to Symbian?
Do I need the RTSP Server or i could use a VLC api to do this?

Symbian OS works with Symbian C++ and ANSI C.

Device Specifications:
The Nokia 6600 runs on Symbian 7.0, Bluetooth connectivity.
Nokia 6600 has a 104MHZ ARM9 CPU

Regards, Flavio

Flávio Oliveira - Software Engineer
* Cellular: +55 (61)  8116 7954