[Live-devel] Streaming on the Device . . .

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Aug 25 15:52:53 PDT 2004

>But when I tried to compile I got the message: unresolved external symbol
>fcntl
>
>     int curFlags = fcntl(newSocket, F_GETFL, 0);
>     if (fcntl(newSocket, F_SETFL, curFlags|O_NONBLOCK) < 0) {
>       socketErr(env, "failed to make non-blocking: ");
>       _close(newSocket);
>       return -1;
>     }

If you look at that code - in "groupsock/GroupsockHelper.cpp" - you'll see
that there's a special #ifdef there for VxWorks.  (VxWorks uses "ioctl()"
instead of "fcntl()".)  Perhaps this will also work for Symbian?

Try the following:
Change the line
         #elif defined(VXWORKS)
         #elif defined(VXWORKS) || defined(SYMBIAN)
and add
         -DSYMBIAN=1
to your "config.symbian" file (or whatever config file you used when
running "genMakefiles").

Let me know if this works.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM