[Live-devel] Synchronization drift

Tony Kay tkay at uoregon.edu
Thu Dec 2 13:44:32 PST 2004

Hi,

I am using testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer to stream an MPEG2 file
generated from a PVR-250. The streaming works fine, but the
synchronization between audio and video drifts over time. The only
references I have found for this are those that say it is the players
fault. I have tried playing this stream on VLC/Mac and mplayer for
linux. Both exhibit the problem (though mplayer _reports_ that the A-V
is in sync).

I know there are several timestamps going into this (RTP and
presentation). Is it possible that the code has some sort of roundoff
error or somthing that is causing the drift???

- Tony