[Live-devel] Problems with RTSP over TCP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Dec 3 06:24:46 PST 2004

>   Whenever I set my client to connect to my server using TCP (
> rtsp->setupMediaSubsession( *sub, False, d->useTCP ); ), if the client is
> killed or closed on the X button from Windows, the server starts using
> all avaliable CPU and becames mostly unresponsive....

Can you reproduce this with the supplied RTSP server
("testOnDemandRTSPServer") and RTSP client ("openRTSP -t") applications?  I
wasn't able to.

>    I'm guessing it could be related to the abbrupt disconnection ( recv()
> would return 0 ). Where does LIVE handle abbrupt disconnection of TCP
> sockets? Can't seam to find it :(

The code that handles reading of RTP (or RTCP) data over TCP is
"RTPInterface::handleRead()" (in "liveMedia/RTPInterface.cpp").

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>