[Live-devel] Server and client on different machines

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Dec 9 07:54:18 PST 2004

>I wonder if the source code of LiveMedia is supposed to be modified when
>streamers and receivers run on different machines ?

No - the code is intended for use in streaming between machines.

 I have "testOnDemandRTSPServer" running on one machine, and my
> receivers/players (VLC, realplayer
) running on another one, and it
> doesn't work. However, when both are running on the same machine, it
> works correctly
 could you give me a tips?

You probably have a firewall somewhere that is blocking the RTP/UDP packets
that "testOnDemandRTSPServer" is sending.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>