[Live-devel] Problems with RTSP over TCP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Dec 14 08:29:45 PST 2004

> >>   Whenever I set my client to connect to my server using TCP (
> >> rtsp->setupMediaSubsession( *sub, False, d->useTCP ); ), if the client is
> >> killed or closed on the X button from Windows, the server starts using
> >> all avaliable CPU and becames mostly unresponsive....
> >
> > Can you reproduce this with the supplied RTSP server
> > ("testOnDemandRTSPServer") and RTSP client ("openRTSP -t") applications?
> > I wasn't able to.
>
>Yes, I was able to reproduce with current ( 07.12.2004 ) version.
>Just compiled the two, and used
>rtsp://192.168.0.2:7070/mpeg1or2AudioVideoTest on openRTSP -t
>Then I used the Task Manager to kill openRTSP process and testOnDemandRTSP
>process is now consuming 98-99% of the CPU at all times.

Your use of the quaint term "task manager" suggests that you are running
"openRTSP" (and perhaps "testOnDemandRTSPServer") on Windows.  So I tried
to reproduce the problem by running (i) both applications on Windows, (ii)
one application on Windows; the other on Unix; and (iii) both applications
on Unix.

In no case could I reproduce the problem.  Sorry.

But remember: YOU HAVE COMPLETE SOURCE CODE.  You should be able to debug
the problem yourself, and figure out exactly where/how the problem is
occurring.  Please let us know what you find.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>