[Live-devel] Re: MP4 Systems files recording?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Dec 15 10:02:03 PST 2004

>The issue I seem to be having is simple that openRTSP doesn't know about
>the mime types I'm using currently.
>So If I want to write a patch, should I edit QuickTimeFileSink.cpp and add
>them to SubsessionIOState?

Yes, that should work.

FYI (as you've probably discovered), "QuickTimeFileSink" currently
understands "video/MP4V-ES" and "audio/MPEG4-GENERIC" streams, but not
"video/MPEG4-GENERIC" streams.

Oh, one more thing: "MPEG4GenericRTPSource" currently supports only
"audio/MPEG4-GENERIC", with a "mode" of "aac-hbr".  However, I believe it
could also support "video/MPEG4-GENERIC", with a "mode" of "generic".  Just
update the "if" test at line 96 of "MPEG4GenericRTPSource.cpp" to allow for
this.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>