[Live-devel] extraction of I Frame

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Dec 16 10:51:15 PST 2004

>how can I get the information of the type of frame from a mpeg2 stream ? I
>would need to count I frame from a  Mpeg2_ts stream going trough a relay.

You would need to write one or more filters that:
1/ extracts data from the MPEG-2 Transport Stream
2/ parses this data into PES packets
3/ collects together the data from the PES packets that form a Video
Elementary Stream
4/ parses this data to get the "picture_coding_type" from the picture
header, and count those that are I-frames.

Needless to say, you would need to be familiar with the MPEG speci.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>