[Live-devel] Re: [vlc-devel] RTSP trickplay support

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Dec 21 09:51:44 PST 2004

>>>This isn't correct. You cannot assume that a UDP source is always MPEG2
>>>TS. You will need to be sure that there is a MPEG2-TS stream.. (
>>>payloadtype 33)
>>
>>No, Dermot's suggested patch was for handling a *raw* UDP stream, *not* a
>>RTP/UDP stream.
>
>Where did I say I assumed otherwise?

You didn't; you just implied otherwise (because you mentioned "payload
type", which is (supposed to be) for RTP streams).  But note below...

>>It assumes, however, that all raw UDP streams are MPEG Transport
>>Streams.  Is this likely to be the case in practice?  If not, is there
>>something in the SDP description that will indicate this?  (Does the SDP
>>description for such streams still contain anything useful in the RTP
>>payload format code field (on the "m=" line)?)
>
>Yes the payloadtype...
>I have never seen a raw UDP announce that didn't have the correct
>payloadtype set

OK, then that makes it easy: I can just test the payload type (actually,
the MIME type that's looked up from the payload type), and insert a
"MPEG2TransportStreamFramer" if it's "MP2T".  I'll do the same for standard
*RTP* Transport Streams as well.

I'll release a new version of the library later today.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>