[Live-devel] Strange output of openRTSP -Q

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Dec 22 05:20:55 PST 2004

At 09:51 AM 12/21/04, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I had a strange behaviour running openRTSP -Q. num_packets_lost showed
>a very high number:
[...]
>num_packets_received 5487
>num_packets_expected 2804
>num_packets_lost 4294964613
[...]
>As you can see I added debug output for num_packets_expected. For some
>reason there where more packets received than expected. I assume that
>some packets where received more than once.

Yes, this is caused by duplicated packets.  (The 'expected' value is
computed from the lowest and highest sequence numbers seen; the 'received'
value is the actual count of packets received.)

>The high number for num_lost_packets is therefore a negative number as
>the difference is printed as unsigned. I would suggest to convert the
>difference to int to be sure to have a reasonable output.

This has now been fixed in the latest release: 2004.12.2.  Thanks for the
suggestion.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>