[Live-devel] Compile issue with 2004.02.09 code

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Feb 12 09:01:10 PST 2004

>Woo, those two in combination have led to a compiled version that MPlayer
>likes.

FYI, I now recommend using the "vlc" media player -
<http://www.videolan.org/vlc/> - instead of "MPlayer".  IMHO, "vlc" is
better engineered, and performs more reliably.  Plus, they have pre-built
binary versions of the player available for downloading (so, unlike
"MPlayer", you don't need to compile it yourself).

(In fact, I'm now even recommending "vlc" over "QuickTime Player".)

Both "vlc" and "MPlayer" use the "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" code for
playing RTSP/RTP streams.  ("vlc" v0.7.0 uses an fairly old version of the
LIVE.COM libraries; for a more up-to-date version, try "vlc" v0.7.1:
<http://download.videolan.org/pub/testing/vlc-0.7.1-test1/>.)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>