[Live-devel] Support for streaming 'redirection' in the RTSP server

Cavalera Claudio Claudio.Cavalera at icn.siemens.it
Thu Feb 19 18:38:09 PST 2004

Do you know of any client which supports such a request?

I was wondering what happens to the *unicast* destination of the stream when it receives unexpected RTP / UDP packets.
In which way can a client open the stream?
Is it possible to do something similar to rtp://<multicast-address>:<port> ?
I don't think so, I believe that when you open an "rtp multicast URL" your client gets in charge of handling the multicast join and the related "UDP listening".
Any hint would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Claudio