[Live-devel] testAMRAudioStreamer and QuickTime Player

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Feb 20 10:19:11 PST 2004

At 07:38 AM 2/20/04, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>According to the information at
>"http://www.live.com/liveMedia/#testProgs", testAMRAudioStreamer should
>work with
>QuickTimePlayer  and the  "3GPP component" installed.
>Since the indicated  Apple's Quick Time links  are broken

I think QuickTime Player (including the free player) now automatically
includes support for playing AMR audio, so I don't think there's any
special '3GPP component' to download anymore - so I've removed that comment
now.

>,  I've downloaded
>the free QuickTime Player version but  it does not work.

It should.  Make sure that QuickTime Player is on the same
multicast-connected network as "testAMRAudioStreamer".  If it's not, you
can run "testOnDemandRTSPServer" instead.

I have also left online - in <http://www.live.com/liveMedia/public/> - an
example "test.amr" file that I know works OK (with both
"testAMRAudioStreamer" and "testOnDemandRTSPServer").  (I'll leave this
file there for the next few days.)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>