[Live-devel] Dumping mp4 files?

Martin Jeppesen tpzjptg02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Jan 9 01:53:20 PST 2004

> Hey if you just wanna put the video into an MP4 file format then you can use
> mp4creator60 from mpeg4ip.  You will need to rename the video to .cmp or
> .m4v before the tool will accept though.
> For example:

It is not all too pleased to do so:

~/Test/jmk$ mp4creator -rate=25 -create=video.cmp video.mp4
mp4creator: no VOSH header found in MPEG-4 video.
This can cause problems with players other than mp4player included
with this package.
mp4creator: No VO header found in mpeg-4 video.
This can cause problems with players other than mp4player
mp4creator: fatal: No VOL header found in mpeg-4 video stream
~/Test/jmk$

Perhaps my video is a strange mp4 codec?

Martin