[Live-devel] A stupid question (I hope)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Jan 9 16:44:19 PST 2004

>Started playing session
>Receiving streamed data (signal with "kill -HUP 32172" or "kill -USR1
>32172" to terminate)...
>
>And then it hangs.....

Weird...  Does your output file ("audio-MPA-1") contain any data
afterwards, or is it completely empty?

>I finally found another machine to compile stuff on, and it works fine as
>long as it is going between two machines (either machine can be client or
>server).  So, it is a problem only on one machine.

The only things I can think of are:
         (i) your OS (Linux) kernel version has some bug that prevents the
same port number being used by both "testOnDemandRTSPServer" and "openRTSP".
         (ii) you have some firewall in place that's causing problems
(although I would expect that to prevent *remote* communication, rather
than local).

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>