[Live-devel] On Demand RTSP Server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon Jan 19 03:08:37 PST 2004

>Here are my questions:
>1. I created two rtsp server objects for audio and
>video to stream both
>media type, is this way correct?

No.  If you want to include two media types (e.g., audio and video) within
a single RTSP-initiated stream, then you should create just one
"RTSPServer" object, and one "ServerMediaSession" object, but add two
separate "ServerMediaSubsession" objects to it.  For an example of this,
see the "vobStreamer" implementation.

Note that in a few days, I hope to install an updated version of
"testOnDemandRTSPServer" that will show you how to do this for MPEG 1 or 2
Program Stream files (that contain both audio and video).

>2. From no. 1, i got 2 different SDP for each media
>type. Is that
>possible to create single url which i can get 1 sdp
>that covers both media?

Yes.  See my answer to 1.

>3. In SDP result the server port is set to 0 (in m
>line of SDP). Can we
>change to other port?

Not for unicast streaming.  For unicast RTSP/RTP streaming, the actual
client and server ports are chosen during the RTSP protocol ("SETUP" and
"PLAY" operations), an are not specified in the SDPdescription returned by
"DESCRIBE".  (However, for *multicast* sessions, this is not true - for
multicast sessions, the port number is specified in the SDP description.)