[Live-devel] Problems with MPEG-4 streaming...

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Jan 21 03:01:38 PST 2004

Clark,

A new version (2004.01.21) of the "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" code has now
been installed that (among other things) fixes the problems that you noted:
- Frame durations are now set properly for 'fixed_vop_rate' MPEG-4 video
streams.
- Any MPEG-4 VISUAL_OBJECT_SEQUENCE_END_CODE in an input stream will be
included in the outgoing RTP stream, and will also be received by RTSP clients.

Please let me know if you see any more problems with MPEG-4 streaming.

***IMPORTANT NOTE TO EVERYONE***
If you are using the LIVE.COM "RTSPServer" implementation at all - e.g. are
running one of the "testProgs" that has a built-in RTSP server - then I
strongly recommend that you upgrade to this newest version of the
code.  Several bug fixes and other improvements have been made.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>