[Live-devel] Problem in receiving data using openRTSP:

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Jan 21 09:15:37 PST 2004

At 03:13 AM 1/21/04, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>                I am using openRTSP test program to receive the mp3 data.
> For that, it will create a file "audio-MPA-1" and it is writing data on
> to the file.
>But every time it is not happening for me. Most of the times it is just
>creating file but not writing the data. Can any one please suggest me like
>where exactly the problem is?

Where is the MP3/RTP data coming from?  "testMP3Streamer"?  If so, then
remember that this is a multicast stream, so the receiver ("openRTSP")
needs to be on the same multicast-connected network as the transmitter
("testMP3Streamer").

If your receiving computer is not accessible via multicast from the sending
computer, then try streaming via unicast instead.  Use
"testOnDemandRTSPServer" for this.

REMEMBER: Please make sure you're running the latest version of the
"LIVE.COM Streaming Media" code.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>