[Live-devel] stocking mplayer and errors at testOnDemandRTSP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Jan 23 10:34:17 PST 2004

>How do you extract all this information, and how do you analyze my files,
>what do you use for this ?

There is debugging code in the "MPEG4VideoStreamFramer" class that prints
this information.  (To enable it, add
         #define DEBUG 1
to the start of "MPEG4VideoStreamFramer.cpp", and then rebuild the
"liveMedia" project, and then rebuild "testOnDemandRTSPServer" (or
"testMPEG4VideoStreamer").)

Note that the job of "MPEG4VideoStreamFramer" is to parse MPEG-4 video
streams (and, among other things, extract timing information).

>  Maybe I should try an other coder, but I have
>not found another one which is free... It is understandable that this is
>confusing the server, but why is the ffmpeg doing this ?

Because it's buggy :-)

>I will have a look at the vlc-project, and will try this...

I think this project also uses the "ffmpeg" code, but I'm not sure.

Your best bet is probably to contact the authors of "ffmpeg" code, and try
to get them to fix the bug there (or else fix it yourself).

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>