[Live-devel] RTCP & Multicast

Cavalera Claudio Claudio.Cavalera at icn.siemens.it
Mon Jan 26 17:23:55 PST 2004

Hello!
I'm almost new to the world of streaming and I'm interested in
integrating streaming with multicast.
I'm studying all the documentation on live.com, to me the best real site
about streaming, and most comprehensive.
However, I've seen that some applications such as testMP3Streamer and
testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer relay to a multicast destination and listen to
RTCP feedback. My question is, how is RTCP handled when coming from
multiple sources? Is it treated as a sort of ACK or the streaming server
actively reacts upon RTCP messages?
The algorithms used by a streaming server to tune a streaming
_multicast_ session are much of interest to me.
If you have got some URL or resource to suggest me I will be grateful,
feel free to mail me private if you think the ML is not interested in
such topics.
Thanks,
Claudio