[Live-devel] How to create unicast streams?

Andrei Hutanu hutanu at zib.de
Fri Jan 30 14:40:24 PST 2004

Hi!

I am interested in creating a live video stream from an existing
visualization application.
For this, I've implemented my own FramedSource which I'm using together
with a RTP video sink.
Are there any parameters I should pass to the videoRTPSink to make it
work with unicast ?
Or maybe to the Groupsock can be set somehow to use unicast ?  Looking
in the Groupsock code
it seems that a Groupsock doesn't handle unicast. Is this true ?

Now, I'm creating a ServerMediaSession and adding a
PassiveServerMediaSubsession created from the video sink
to stream out the video. I've looked at the testOnDemandRTSPServer
examples and there,
FileServerMediaSubsession are used .. This I cannot do because my stream
is not a file stream,
but on the other side PassiveServerMediaSubsession doesn't seem to be
suited for unicast.
(looking at the getStreamParameters, the response to isMulticast is
always true)

Any hints ? Am I missing something or was this feature not yet implemented.

Thanks,
Andrei