[Live-devel] On demand RTSP Unicast server question

Dixon Siu dixonsiu at mediaglue.co.jp
Mon Jul 12 14:10:39 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am wondering what is the difference between
MPEG1or2DemuxedServerMediaSubsession and
MPEG1or2VideoFileServerMediaSubsession/MP3AudioFileServerMediaSubsession?
>From the definition given by the webpage, it says that
MPEG1or2DemuxedServerMediaSubsession  creates new, unicast "RTPSinks" on
demand, demuxed from a MPEG1 or 2 program stream. But when I checked the
header file, "MPEG1or2FileServerDemux& demux" is needed. So I cannot really
use MPEG1or2DemuxedServerMediaSubsession to unicast video stream (input)
through RTSP on demand. I successfully, read byte streams and send unicast
RTP, but not on demand style. Here is the code I had:

// create FramedSource that reads in x bytes a time whenever
doGetNextFrame() is called

// Then demux and started streaming.
MPEG1or2Demux* mpegDemux = MPEG1or2Demux::createNew(*env, aDeviceSource);
FramedSource* videoES = mpegDemux->newVideoStream();
videoSource = MPEG1or2VideoStreamFramer::createNew(*env, videoES, False);
videoSink->startPlaying(*videoSource, afterPlaying, videoSink);

Since, Ross recommented us to use the style as in testOnDemandRTSPServer and
I also found that I really need a cleaner way to do unicast RTSP streaming,
I try to do it like testOnDemandRTSPServer. But missing the important
information on how I pass byte stream to
MPEG1or2DemuxedServerMediaSubsession.

Anyone knows? Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Dixon