[Live-devel] help needed

venkata sripada vsripada at cs.odu.edu
Fri Jul 16 20:31:33 PDT 2004

hi
   we have a developed a Applicasting program and this program has to be
communicate with Darwin Streaming Server.

so we have written a broadcaster that would do the intial handshake and
send data to Darwin Streaming Server ....now we are the client side that
would recieve the data reflected by darwin...since openRTSP is doing the
same thing we thought looking into this program would help us in writing
the client prgm...

by running the openRTSP with -V option we figured out the handshake...and
we developed a Client program does the handshake with Darwin Streaming
Server...

so our program is divided into 2 one for handshake with Darwin and one to
listen to the port specified in SETUP statement....

openRTSP program does handhshake and we suspend it now we get data using
the second prgm,it is simple program that would listen on specified port
and display it...

but when my program does the handshake i'm unable to recieve data using
the second program.....

i'm attaching the TCP flow of both i.e Darwin-openRTSP handshake and
DSS-my client program handshake...let me know if i'm doing something wrong
in the handshake i dont see any difference except the seesion and port
variables...

one thing i forgot to mention is we are not broadcasting Audio or Video we
broadcasting some data packed as RTP packets....so openRTSP is unable to
recieve the data we are broadcasting....

anykind of help or suggestions are appreciated...

--Raja