[Live-devel] Real Time Streamming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Jul 16 18:13:48 PDT 2004

>    Unfortunally, it takes quite sometime for a given frame to be displayed
>by QuickTime. Is there anything I can do to make it more "real time"?

This is a problem with QuickTime Player - not the LIVE.COM server
code.  QuickTime Player has a large internal buffer, and there is typically
a large delay (a few seconds) before it displays its incoming data.  This
is presumably a consequence of the fact that QuickTime Player was designed
primarily to play on-demand streams, rather than live streams.

If you want less of a delay, I suggest that you use the VLC media player
<http://www.videolan.org/vlc/> instead.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>