[Live-devel] problem streaming to vlc

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon Jul 19 11:10:44 PDT 2004

>I've updated the library to the latest version and now use the
>"testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer"
>as a base code and now the StreamParser does not complain at all. Although
>vlc now
>receives the sdp
>descriptor with the correct rtp session parameters (before following
>Ross's advice, it
>wouldn't even communicate with the server), its decoder outputs a
><<TaskInterrupt>> all the
>time.

I can't help you with this (as VLC is not our code), but it suggests that
perhaps there's something wrong with your MPEG video data.

Try the following:
1/ Use the "openRTSP" test program to record a MPEG video file from your
streaming server application.  Rename it to "test.mpg"
2/ Try playing this file using VLC (and other media players)
3/ Try streaming this file using "testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer", and
receiving/playing it  using VLC (and QuickTime Player)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>