[Live-devel] testMPEG1or2AudioVideoToDarwin.exe problem....

venkata sripada vsripada at cs.odu.edu
Fri Jul 23 21:45:11 PDT 2004

ROSS,

I would love to use live.com RTSP server,right now i'm compelled to use
Darwin Streaming Server.

i'm bit confused with your reply regarding the RTP stream to DSS.to one of
my questions previously you gave me reply something like this...

>>...does Darwin check the SDP file m varaible and see
>>if it is getting the right media as specified in SDP file....
>
> Darwin doesn't 'check' the SDP; it just passes it through to (media
> player)  clients.  However, these clients won't work correctly if the
> SDP is not  correct.

to my recent query regarding RTP stream...

>>will Darwin accept anything which is packed as RTP
>> stream or does it accept only Audio or Video packed as RTP stream...

your reply was...

> Darwin is RTP payload format agnostic; it will pass through any RTP
> streams  (provided that it's given a valid SDP description for them).

what i've infered from your first reply was SDP file is important for a
client to understand what type of media is it recieving from DSS.Darwin
wouldnt care variable m in the SDP file.but the statement by you in second
reply is contradicting you first reply.am i missing something here.

raja