[Live-devel] erratic MJPEG streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Jul 28 16:06:47 PDT 2004

>Hi Ross and thank you another time for your advise, your help's become
>priceless.

Unfortunately, 'priceless' help tends to be lower priority for me; that's
why it's taken me time to respond - sorry :-)

>but I still got the same problems as usual: vlc gets the streaming
>parameters correctly,
>but a green screen is displayed, whilst my image appears only from time to
>time. Tried it
>with 4 stored frames in disk, which are delivered in order, just to see if
>the image
>displayed would change, and it really does: my 4 images are shown fastly
>and green screen
>again. So the situation is that sometimes I can see the stream correctly,
>and sometimes a
>green screen or nothing appears.

I'm not sure what the problem is here, but perhaps the problem is with
VLC.  I suggest trying QuickTime Player instead (and/or "MPlayer").  You
may have better luck with those players.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>