[Live-devel] getting multicast source address

Gabriel Bouvigne gabriel.bouvigne at resonate-mp4.com
Tue Jun 1 19:09:30 PDT 2004

In GroupsockHelper.cpp, the ourSourceAddressForMulticast function is
trying to retrieve our source address.
It does this by sending a dummy multicast packet and looking at it when
receiving it.

It uses:
testAddr.s_addr = our_inet_addr("228.67.43.91"); // arbitrary

In my config, this is failing and I can see a "Unable to determine our
source address:" message.

When changing the arbitrary IP to "128.0.0.0", this seems to be working.

Also am I right into thinking that this technique will not work if I am
using NAT?

Regards,

--

Gabriel Bouvigne