[Live-devel] How to recover from parsing exceptional datasituation!

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon Jun 14 17:26:46 PDT 2004

>I have tested the new code of live media. The new one does not get robust
>result as you said. New version code takes even longer to recover than old
>version's each time when it get bad data.

What exactly do you mean by "takes even longer to recover"?  Are you
referring to (i) how much input data gets skipped before the parser
recovers, or (ii) how much CPU time the parser takes (when it's trying to
recover)?  If you're referring to (i), then this shouldn't happen - the new
code should skip over no more data than the old code did.  However, if
you're referring to (ii), then yes, then new code will take more CPU time -
when the parser is recovering  - than the old code.  (I can probably reduce
this, though.)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>