[Live-devel] How to use classes in livemedia library for motion JPEG?

최인호 ihchoi at samsung.com
Wed Jun 16 10:02:39 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm going to try to modify "testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer/Receiver.cpp" for streaming motion JPEG(MJPEG).
I do not know how / when to use "JPEGVideoSource", "JPEGVideoRTPSource", "JPEGVideoRTPSink" classes and so on.

I have referenced source code of "testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer.cpp" for streamer.
So I prepared a sample "jpg" image file to transmit and created a RTP sink using "JPEGVideoRTPSink" class in main().
 ==>(ex.) videoSink = JPEGVideoRTPSink::createNew(*env, &rtpGroupsock);

I used "ByteStreamFileSource" class in play() to transmit the sample jpg file.
 ==>(ex.) FramedSource* fileSource
    = ByteStreamFileSource::createNew(*env, inputFileName);

I don't know why "JPEGVideoSource" is not used like "MPEG1or2VideoStreamFramer" class in play() of test*Streamer.cpp.
My question is how/where I can use it because "JPEGVideoSource" class hasn't createNew as member fuction?
The second question is which class(es)[for example, classes in FramedFilter] is(are) needed when I'm going to play MJPEG?

I have referenced source code of "testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver.cpp" for receiver.
I just changed "MPEG1or2VideoRTPSource" to "JPEGVideoRTPSource" class to receive jpg file as RTP source.
Is this right for receiver?
Which class(es) is(are) I must use?

Hope you have some hints.

Thanks.