[Live-devel] Reception Packet Information

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Jun 22 04:07:05 PDT 2004

>If I follow you correctly, I should call
>env->taskScheduler().scheduleDelayedTask(n, getCurrentReceiverPacketInfo,
>data) within my application.

Yes, but note that each call to "scheduleDelayedTask()" will cause your
"getCurrentReceiverPacketInfo()" function to be called just once.  So,
you'll need to re-invoke "scheduleDelayedTask()" each time.

>So it means that every n seconds,  the main thread  will receive a
>"callback" from live.com's thread.

No, there's only one 'thread' of control.  What will happen is that every n
*micro*seconds, an event will occur, and be handled within the event loop -
i.e., the "doEventLoop()" call.

You should perhaps re-familiarize yourself with
<http://www.live.com/liveMedia/faq.html#control-flow>

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>