[Live-devel] how to set the bit rate in the live media server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Mar 17 10:34:34 PST 2004

>    I want to know how to determine the bit rate of the live media server
> which reads a mpeg2 ts file.
>    So would you like to tell me the meaning of bit rate in live media
> server or a formula to caculate the bit rate which live media server
> transfer at given a determistic ts stream rate?
>     For example, if my ts stream is CBR and 3Mbps, what value shall I set
> the parameter bit rate that live media server transfers?

David,

Are you referring to the <time-per-frame> parameter that's mentioned in
<http://www.live.com/liveMedia/faq.html#mpeg-transport-streams>?

If you know the exact bit rate B (bits-per-second) of your stream, then you
can compute this parameter as
         <time-per-frame> = (188*8*1000000)/B

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM