[Live-devel] Multiple RTSP sessions...

Keith Gurganus kgurganus at 650dialup.com
Mon Mar 22 11:35:13 PST 2004

Ross,

>> Just to be clear - are you talking about implementing multiple RTSP
>> *client* sessions within your application?  If so, yes, you can do this -
>> but note that you must use a separate "RTSPClient" object for each.  (The
>> current "RTSPClient" implementation contains session-specific state that
>> prevents a single "RTSPClient" object from being used to stream more than
>> once session.)

I found the problem and it was on my side of the fence.  As it turns out I
was not calling Idle for the second stream.  It now saves multiple sessions
simultaneously just fine.

Another question.  In QuickTimeFileSink.cpp there is a static member in the
SubSessionIOState class called fCurrentTrackNumber.  Will this be a problem
with multiple movies?  Since I was not sure, I moved it as a member variable
in the QuickTimeFileSink class.

- Keith