[Live-devel] cutting incoming files in multiple files

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Mar 30 02:07:13 PST 2004

>suppose i am sending the stored video files or live video streaming files
>through camera.with the OnDemandRTSPServer . and suppose I am receiving
>the files with openRTSP.
>
>now wheather it is possible  to cut the incoming streaming files in
>multiples of 5sec or 10 sec or say any adjustable time duration at run
>time ( & not by using given splitter utility),
>
>now if it is possible then what changes i have to make to programs? and
>where i suppose to make those changes i.e. in OnDemandRTSPServer or in
>openRTSP???

Yes, you can do this (and clearly, the changes should be made at the client
end - i.e., "openRTSP").  More specifically, note the existing "-m" option
to "openRTSP", and take a look at how "FileSink" implements this (to output
one file for each frame).  You should be able to modify "FileSink" to
output one file per time period.  (You can make use of the
"presentationTime" parameter for this.)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>