[Live-devel] One (maybe two) little bug in Makefile.tail

Matteo Nastasi matteo.nastasi at tvblob.com
Wed Mar 31 11:44:27 PST 2004

Hi Ross,

I found in Makefile.tail two stranges things:
1)
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
BASIC_USAGE_ENVIRONMENT_LIB = $(BASIC_USAGE_ENVIRONMENT_DIR)/BasicUsageEnvironment.$(LIB_SUFFIX)
and the name of library is libBasicUsageEnvironment

2)
TESTPROGS_DIR = testProgs
TESTPROGS_APP = $(TESTPROGS_DIR)/testServer$(EXE)
but testServer not exists in testProgs

Another thing:
I'm working to a modular project that use multiple instances of your main loop (in separated threads).

I needs a way to fast shutdown your mainloop and your shutdown variable is too slow for me.

My solution is to use a command fd added to your main loop with:
   env->taskScheduler().turnOnBackgroundReadHandling(shut_pipe,NULL,NULL);

and
   set your shutdown variable
   write a char to shut_pipe fd.

With this trick your component shotdown immediatly.

Are you intrested to implement fast-shutdown as a build-in feature ?

Best regards, Matteo Nastasi.