[Live-devel] RTP stream test

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Mar 31 09:13:37 PST 2004

>Unable to determine our source address: setsockopt(IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP)
>error: No
>such device
>Unable to determine our source address: setsockopt(IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP)
>error: No
>such device

There is apparently some problem with the way IP multicast is configured on
your machine - but fortunately it doesn't seem to be preventing the code
from working.

>Beginning receiving multicast stream...
>MultiFramedRTPSource::doGetNextFrame1(): The total received frame size exceeds
>the client's buffer size (10000).  47 bytes of trailing data will be dropped!
>MultiFramedRTPSource::doGetNextFrame1(): The total received frame size exceeds
>the client's buffer size (10000).  38 bytes of trailing data will be dropped!
>
>How can I increase client's buffer size?

1/ By setting the (optional) "bufferSize" parameter to "FileSink::createNew()"
2/ By *upgrading* to a more recent version of the "LIVE.COM Streaming
Media" code (where the default value is 20000 rather than 10000).  You're
apparently using a version of the code that's more than 2 months old!

>I also tried mplyer (with mplayer rtp://192.168.0.2:8888)

No, MPlayer's "rtp://" hack is code that someone else added, and it works
only for MPEG-2 Transport Streams (and perhaps not even then).  Don't use
it.  Instead, enable the built-in RTSP server in
"testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer", and run "MPlayer" with a "rtsp://" URL.

By the way, I now recommend using "VLC" <http://www.videolan.org/vlc/>
instead of MPlayer to receive/play RTP streams.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>