[Live-devel] "editing" quicktime streaming tracks captured by openRTSP

Shaune Sinclair s.sinclair at cqu.edu.au
Wed May 12 15:52:50 PDT 2004

Hello everyone,
Here at CQU we are looking at capturing rtsp streams from our Tandberg
videoconference units.

The format is H.261/G.711.

When I run openRTSP as follows:
./openRTSP -q rtsp://<tandberg_unit>/sample.sdp > test1.mov

I get the following message:
Warning: We don't implement a QuickTime Video Media Data Type for the
"H261" tra
ck, so we'll insert a dummy "???" Media Data Atom instead.  A separate,
codec-sp
ecific editing pass will be needed before this track can be played.

Which is fine (as the doco states that H.261 is not supported yet).

*** But, how do I edit the resultant quicktime file to make is playable
in a quicktime player??

Any guidance would be helpful!

Thanks,
Shaune.