[Live-devel] fMaxSize variable

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed May 12 10:55:42 PDT 2004

Robert,

"fMaxSize" is set to the value of the "maxSize" parameter to
"FramedSource::getNextFrame()" (see "FramedSource.cpp").  I.e., its value
is set by the caller of "getNextFrame()" - to specify the maximum amount of
data that's allowed to be returned.

Note that "getNextFrame()" is implemented by the "doGetNextFrame()" virtual
function (which each "FramedSource" subclass implements to do the data
delivery).  Each "doGetNextFrame()" implementation will look at "fMaxSize",
to ensure that it is not delivering too much data.

>When I stream, printf's answer is:
>
>Beginning streaming...
>Beginning to read from file...
>fMaxSize = 150000
>fMaxSize = 149246
>fMaxSize = 149895
>fMaxSize = 149951
>fMaxSize = 149881
>fMaxSize = 149845
>...done reading from file
>
>Why does fMaxSize change?
>
>Where does it change?

It's changing because the "maxSize" parameter to "getNextFrame()" is
changing.  I.e., you should look at the next object in the data chain.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>