[Live-devel] IT WORKS!! And now....

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed May 12 11:20:13 PDT 2004

>1) is possible in other players ( QuickTime, VLC ) running on windows to
>have an option equivalent to "rtsp-stream-over-tcp" ?

I don't think you can do this with QuickTime Player (it supports a
different kind of streaming-over-TCP (HTTP) that our code doesn't
support).  However, you can tell VLC to stream over TCP by setting its
"rtsp-tcp" Boolean variable.  (I'm not sure how you do this; the VLC
documentation may tell you.)

>2) which settings do you suggest to have an efficient stream with very low
>bandwidth

I don't know.  You're responsible for the encoder implementation; you'll
need to figure this out for yourself.

>3) Is my implementation correct?

At first glance, it looks OK.  (If it works, it's probably OK :-)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>